Recipes for Indian winters #1 Stuffed ragi roti
This delicious and healthy roti with its vegetable stuffing will make you full in no time. If you have half an hour in hand, you can prepare this delicious roti to have in dinner or lunch with some raita or pickle or even curd.
- Ragi – 1/4 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Grated cauliflower – 1/2 cup
- Chopped fenugreek leaves – 3 tablespoon
- Bitter gourd – 2 tablespoon, grated
- Green chillies – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger – 1/4 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Salt – as required
How to prepare
- Take a large bowl and add the ragi and whole wheat flour followed by salt and ghee. Mix well and add warm water to knead a soft dough. When done, cut the dough into 4 parts and let it rest.
- Mix the grated cauliflower along with grated bitter gourd and chopped methi leaves. Add chillies and ginger and season with salt. Vegetable stuffing for the roti is ready.
- Now roll a part of the dough a little. Now put a spoonful of stuffing in the middle and close it so that no mixture comes out.
- Coat the roller pin with some ghee and roll out the stuffed ball into a flatbread.
- Put it on a tawa and roast it well by applying some ghee on both sides.
- Prepare the other three in a similar way and have them immediately.
Nutritional facts of stuffed ragi roti
Healthy and tasty carrot soup with broccoli
There is nothing better than a warm bowl of soup when it comes to recipes for Indian winters. And when the soup is made with carrots, tomatoes, broccoli and a dash of garlic, you are sure to get some great taste with health. Without further ado, let us start with the recipe.
Time of preparation – 10 minutes
Time of cooing – 10 minutes
- Sun-dried tomatoes – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Onion – 1/2 cup, sliced thinly
- Carrots – 1/2 cup, chopped or sliced thinly
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoon
- Broccoli – 1 cup, only the florets
- Celery – 2 tablespoon, chopped
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon, crushed
How to make
- Pour the olive oil into a wok and place it on medium flame. As soon as the oil becomes hot, add the onion slices followed by chopped garlic. Saute them for a few minutes and add the carrot slices and celery. Cook them for a minute.
- Now put the broccoli florets, stir it a bit and season with salt. Pour hot water, about 4-5 cups, depending on the quantity you want.
- Let the soup boil for about 8 minutes. Then add tomatoes and sprinkle some pepper. Reduce the flame to low and simmer the soup for 1-2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and have it hot to feel the heavenly taste.
Nutritional facts of carrot and broccoli soup
From each bowl of this healthy veg soup, you will get the following.
The bottom line
So, these were the two recipes for Indian winters that you must try. They are both easy to make and healthy and delicious too. To add more health in them, you can opt for organic veggies and spices. The demand for organic products is on the rise as they are 100% natural and free of any harmful chemicals.